I’m Debbie Crawford!
I’m a wife, dog-mom, Canadian counsellor, interior lover, and creative. I was born and raised in New Brunswick and now live in Lethbridge, Alberta. I am so happy that the gift of technology allows me to work with women across Canada.
For most of my life, I did not view myself as “creative” and as I began to realize creativity shows up differently for each of us, I truly felt myself coming home to a part of myself I had long been neglecting. Through this personal work, I came to the belief that therapy is an art. The heart of my work is in the creative integration of myself, the unique needs of the person sitting in front of me, and utilizing the most credible interventions to lead to meaningful change for that individual.
I have training in evidence-based therapeutic approaches but deeply believe that therapy should be collaborative. Through our work together, I hope that each person sitting across from me will walk out of sessions with a renewed sense of who they are, a greater understanding of their story and their responses to that, and increased adaptive coping skills that will enable you to thrive in your day-to-day life. You can read more about my approach to therapy here.
I believe the therapy room should feel safe and that the therapeutic relationship is a tool for healing.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counselling, Liberty University
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) through the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- 5+ years of experience in community-based agencies: child & adolescent psychiatric unit, family treatment program, intensive in-home therapy, crisis counselling.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training
- Motivational Interviewing Level I&II
- Clinical Supervision Certification
- Homebuilders Certification
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- TCIF (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Families)
- Crucial Conversations Level I&II